Tuesday 29 December 2015

Welcome to my Trail to Riches

Hello and thank you for visiting my site.

I am a twenty year old Canadian who was born and raised in southern Ontario. My passion for personal finance sparked at the ripe young age of eight when I opened my first bank account. When I first discovered the concept of interest (albeit a very small amount), my life consisted of me scrimping and scrounging any money I could find to build up my balance and consequently earn more compounding interest.

Slowly over time, I discovered the many investment options offered by the bank, such as GICs and mutual funds, and begun acquiring them and building my net worth at a young age. 

This frugality and smart saving carried on throughout my time at public school, and ultimately led to my ability to independently finance the majority of my education without placing a burden on my family, who quite frankly would not be able to afford it.

In this blog, I hope to share my personal journey in building my net worth, and also provide valuable information to fellow young Canadians as to what options are available to them as well as the power of starting at a young age.

If this is of interest to you, I welcome you to join me on this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment